Friday, November 20, 2009

Decking the Halls

I worked this Wednesday at The Shops at Fabian House, and we were decorating for Christmas. Normally they don't get the Christmas spirit there until after Thanksgiving, but Thanksgiving is very late this year, and we had a lot to do!

They put up the tree earlier in the week, so it was all ready for my handmade ornaments. Please excuse my lack of tree photography skills, this has been an issue for me for years.

There is a cool mix of the handmade stuffed ornaments, the quilted balls, domino ornaments, vintage glass, handmade cross stitched ornaments and some crickets that are scattered about for good luck! (Not real crickets, they are made from reeds or something similar.) I hear there are Polish Pottery ornaments in the shop that will get added to the tree this week.




Half of the ornaments I brought went on the tree, the other half are displayed on this tray next to the tree.






Ruth made a bunch of ornaments using strips cut from an old picture book that was falling apart. You can see one in the top left corner of this photo. They look great hanging from the ceiling of the cafe, which is where the bookshelves are in the store.

Bob hung nice pointsettia garlands over the doorways, and then about 300 lights up the staircase. All this decorating helped me get over a major case of the bah humbugs I was feeling. I can't wait to see what else is happening in there when I go next week!

2 comments:

me, Mavis said...

Oh what a nice entry! I truly enjoyed re-living this. GOOD JOB!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Looks like we have the perfect place to buy Xmas gifts!