Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Second month of 365


Second month of 365
Originally uploaded by magscrafts
Wow! I noticed that I recently passed the 60 day mark on our 365 days of "ahteestic" endeavors. I blogged about hitting the 30 day mark, so figured it was time to celebrate again. Please indulge me and do not point out that the other blog article was on Sept 29, so it took me way more than 30 days to get 30 pictures. There were definitely days I did nothing the least bit artistic, as well as days I did stuff and took no pictures. I also found pictures I took, uploaded to FLICKR and then failed to number for the 365 project. I thought of going back and fixing the numbering, then said "Nah". I know Tara is having issues as well. I think she has fewer days where she does nothing artsy, but has had camera trouble, so more days with no pictures.

I think the important thing is that we continue to forge ahead and try to keep the project going. We started on this journey for a reason, and it is still valid, even when our lives might get in the way a little bit. If it takes us 2 years to get 365 days, so be it, we will still be better off than had we sat on our butts and not even attempted it.

3 comments:

TOMAS said...

wow! ... after reading your post I just can't not to knock to advertise on your site. Thank you.

"...it is still valid, even when our lives might get in the way a little bit. If it takes us 2 years to get 365 days, so be it, we will still be better off than had we sat on our butts and not even attempted it." while writing with the dictionary in hand I just can't say better than you did. What is worthy is the continuation of our journey - Thank you for a sip of fresh air that I got while reading your post. Life circumstances harshly edits our plans so frequently and it is so hard not to stumble - thanks again.

Tara Beaulieu said...

Thanks, Laurie and Tomas! I think Maggie is so right- we've been much more productive; having this blog and each other to hold us accountable.

I think that going with the flow but staying focused really was our main goal- so on that point, we're on track!

Maggie said...

Thanks for the great comments! Nice to know someone is reading our blog out there!