Saturday, December 5, 2009

What's on My Bench

I was happily moving along last week, making assorted earrings to take to The Shops at Fabian House, when I realized I had NO ear wires. So since it is snowy, and not a good day for the outing I had planned, I went into my lair to make some earwires.

I made 2 kinds- the rounded ones like these:
And more traditional hooks like these:
(I like to melt a ball of silver on the loop, but I have no pictures of those, I must have sold them all in person!)

Here are some photos of the work in progress:

Melted balls onto the ends of some lengths of wire and soaked them in some "pickle".










For the round wires, I form a large coil on a huge knitting needle, then cut off circles, form a loop on one end.





I file the ends of either kind of wires, so that they do not irritate the wearer!








I bought this mini jig for forming all the hook shaped ones the same!







All of the wires are in the tumbler now to get hardened and shiny.

No comments: