Wednesday, December 30, 2009

WICKED!

Happy birthday to me! Ed doesn't typically get my a birthday gift because my birthday falls the day after Christmas and we just can't afford it. I'm perfectly okay with this, we've done it for years and we always celebrate early in the new year. So this year he got me good when he handed me my card and inside it I found two tickets to go see WICKED!

If you haven't heard, here's the scoop:

Long before Dorothy drops in, two other girls meet in the Land of Oz. One, born with emerald green skin, is smart, fiery and misunderstood. The other is beautiful, ambitious and very popular. How these two unlikely friends end up as the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good Witch makes for the most spellbinding new musical in years.

WICKED, the untold story of the witches of Oz, features music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz (Godspell, Pippin, Academy Award-winner for Pocahantas and The Prince of Egypt) and book by Winnie Holzman ("My So Called Life", "Once and Again" and "thirtysomething"), and is based on the best selling novel by Gregory Maguire. With musical staging by Tony Award winning Wayne Cilento (Aida, The Who's Tommy, How to Succeed...) WICKED is directed by 2003 and 2004 Tony Award-winner Joe Mantello (Take Me Out, Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune, Glengarry Glen Ross.)

So this Sunday night, I'm going to the theater! I've got a real official grown up date night with my hubby- go me! :)

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I saw it in NYC last fall, it was awesome! Have a great time. :-)

Duni said...

My husband gave me this as a Christmas present too!
Wicked debuts here in April. Can't wait to see it!